Aims & Values
Northgate’s aims underpin everything that we do. They are a key part of the day‐to‐day life of the school and are at the core of our strategic planning.
Our aims are:
- Teaching for Learning: To encourage all learners to engage fully in their learning by developing lively, enquiring minds and valuing achievement.
- Inclusive Learning: To continue to develop an inclusive learning ethos by seeking to remove barriers and maximise opportunities for all.
- Behaviour for Learning: To encourage students to be actively involved in their learning and to embrace the Northgate Values of respect, determination and teamwork.
- Learning Community: To develop a strong school community that works in partnership with parents, the local community and other stakeholders.
- Learning Environment: To provide a safe, healthy, stimulating learning environment for students and staff, ensuring that appropriate resources are available to support the learning process.
The Northgate Values are Respect, Determination and Teamwork; students are expected to demonstrate these values both in and outside of lessons. The whole school community is encouraged to embody these values in their interactions with each other - please see below.
Northgate Values Community Poster
Click here to read the Headteacher's Welcome Message.