Northgate Sixth Form – September 2020 Enrolment
- The Sixth Form team and subject leaders, have put together a booklet for all applicants that will help them prepare for the courses they have applied to do at A Level. This booklet contains competitions, subject challenges and lots of ideas for things to watch, read and listen to. You should find these resources interesting and engaging, they will really help you hit the ground running in September. If anything is unclear or you have any questions, please contact the Sixth Form team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please see the following reassuring letter from Mr Alexander, Head of Northgate Sixth Form, regarding offers to students for enrolment in September 2020. Northgate Sixth Form Application letter March 2020
Suffolk New College – September 2020 Enrolment
- Suffolk New College have taken the decision to suspend their academic course entry requirements for their FE courses starting in September 2020.
- This decision has been made to ensure that students who were due to take their GCSEs this summer will not be disadvantaged in any way and have the opportunity to progress into further education.
- Suffolk New College are asking all potential applicants to continue to apply for their chosen subject at their original level with the extra reassurance that when they start at College in September, the college will make sure that students are at the appropriate level and move them up or down as required. They hope that by doing this it will relieve any worries or concerns potential applicants may have.
- Although Suffolk New College have moved to a virtual working environment, all of their departments are still operational and any applications, requests and queries will be processed as normal.
Resources to help you prepare for exams
- If students need to sit exams in the Autumn Term, there are many resources on the Learning Portal, which can be accessed via the school website. The link is at the top right of the screen and students can log in with the username and password that they usually use on the school network. In addition to these, a range of personalised learning resources for GCSE subjects can also be found on the Learning Portal, in the Year 11 Homework and Revision Centre folder.
Further advice on how to revise effectively and prepare for exams thoroughly, can be found here: http://www.northgate.suffolk.sch.uk/pupils/revision-advice-2/ on this page you will find guidance booklets and 3 short videos produced by ex-students on how to revise effectively.
For subject specific advice, we suggest that students go to the section on the school website entitled Learning. Within this section of the school website, under Curriculum, there are subject specific curriculum guides, these can be found here: http://www.northgate.suffolk.sch.uk/learning/curriculum-3/curriculum-4/
- You will find subject specific guidance and contact details for the subject leader at the bottom of each subject page under Revision Advice, so please scroll down to the bottom of the page. Please contact the subject leader if you have any further queries.
- Students in Year 11 have been issued copies of their set texts for English Literature. Further advice for English Literature revision can be found in the booklet below:
GCSE English Literature Revision Resources and Tips
- Further advice for English Language can be found in the booklet below:
AQA GCSE Language Revision Resources and Tips
- The Northgate Maths department has its own website with lots of exam practice questions for GCSE students and screencasts that they can use if they get stuck: https://www.northgatemaths.co.uk/. If you have any problems accessing any of these sites, please email Mr Dawson on: email@example.com. The school has invested in a subscription for Hegarty Maths which provides practice questions and support for developing key skills. This can be found at: www.hegartymaths.com. We also have www.mymaths.co.uk , the login for this is: northgatehs and the password is: area. If you have any problems accessing either of these sites, please email Mr Dawson on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student's ‘U’ Drive
All files and folders which were stored on a student's ‘U’ drive have now been uploaded to their school OneDrive. Their files and folders can now be found in a new folder which we have added to their OneDrive called ‘U_Drive’.