- Go4Schools will be the main means by which class teachers will set tasks and help to structure learning. We suggest that students structure their time working at home around their normal school timetable and complete the work that has been set for them on Go4Schools.
- There are many resources on the Learning Portal, which can be accessed via the school website. The link is at the top right of the screen and students can log in with the username and password that they usually use on the school network.
- Students in Year 10 have been issued copies of their set texts for English Literature.
- The Northgate Maths department has its own website with lots of exam practice questions for GCSE students and screencasts that they can use if they get stuck: /. If you have any problems accessing any of these sites, please email Mr Dawson on: firstname.lastname@example.org The school has invested in a subscription for Hegarty Maths which provides practice questions and support for developing key skills. This can be found at: www.hegartymaths.com. We also have www.mymaths.co.uk , the login for this is: northgatehs and the password is: area. If you have any problems accessing either of these sites, please email Mr Dawson on: email@example.com
Guidance on Revision
- For Year 10 students this is the ideal time to go back over what they have been learning so far on their GCSE courses and to revise key topics using the techniques contained in this booklet: Working Together. Guidance for students and parents can also be found here: http://www.northgate.suffolk.sch.uk/parents/gcse-information-evening/
- The school has invested in GCSEPod. GCSEPod is available to all students at Northgate High school. We have subscribed to this award winning service to give you access to thousands of hours of professionally produced, audio/visual content which will help you revise throughout the year. Click on this link for further information: http://www.northgate.suffolk.sch.uk/pupils/revision-advice-2/
- GCSE Bitesize contains useful revision materials, including short videos on key topics. Students should use the sections relevant to the exam boards specification/syllabus that they are studying. http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/
Advice on Careers can be found here: Year 10 Careers
Student's ‘U’ Drive
All files and folders which were stored on a student's ‘U’ drive have now been uploaded to their school OneDrive. Their files and folders can now be found in a new folder which we have added to their OneDrive called ‘U_Drive’.