Christmas lunch will be served over three days to enable students to enjoy their lunch in their year group bubbles.
- On Monday 14th December: Christmas lunch will be served to Year 7 and Year 10
- On Tuesday 15th December: Christmas lunch will be served to Year 8 and Year 11
- On Wednesday 16th December: Christmas lunch will be served to Year 9.
The cost for paying students is £2.30 for Year 7, 8 and 9 and £2.60 for Year 10 and 11, who will have a larger meal. We will be using the normal payment method so please ensure that there are sufficient funds on your child’s lunch card to pay for this meal.
We will adjust the allowance for those students that have a free school meal in Year 10 and 11 so that all students can have the Christmas lunch.
The Christmas lunch menu offered at Northgate High School can be viewed by clicking on the link below:
All Christmas lunches must be booked in advance – the deadline for this is 10am on Monday 7th December.
To ensure that Christmas lunch service works well the arrangements on these days will be as follows.
- The dining hall seating will be reserved exclusively for those that have booked a Christmas Lunch and those students will stay there for the duration of their lunch break.
- Students with a packed lunch will go immediately to their social zone for the duration of the lunch break (both the eating and social time).
- All other students will be able to collect a ‘grab and go’ hot or cold meal from the dining hall and take it immediately to their social zone where they will stay for the duration of their lunch break.